Thursday 24 January 2013

Food Time Manners and Snow

We are now refining Titch's manners a bit.  He can follow me in to the stable without hassling me for his bucket of tea, he parks like a statue next to the wall and waits (10 seconds today) for me to say he can have his tea.  This was a hard lesson for Titch as his belly rules!!  I had to be consistent and make him go back to where he had come from if and as soon as he made the very first step towards me uninvited.  I am still working on this with my big horse!

He can also walk back to the word 'back' and a bit of arm flapping.  I am hoping to make him respond to a wiggle of one finger eventually.

He is a fairly low reactor (which is a good thing!) so I had to force the issue to make him charge about in the snow, but I think you'll agree the photos I took are great.






1 comment: