Wednesday 6 March 2013

9 month measurement and crashing fall

I measured Titchy today and he has grown in 3 months.  His withers are now 12.3hh and his bum is 13.1hh. I thought his nuts, or what is left of them looked a bit better today and as his temperature is stable and normal over the last 4 days I am starting to calm down about any complications.
The view from leaning over Titch
Titch aged 9 months - can't show a full body shot as too ugly!!

The only complication in my life at the moment is that whilst out hacking my spooky thoroughbred, she sort of spooked (again), and launched herself off a 3' bank, onto the tarmac road, promptly crashing to the floor and landing like bambi ( managed to stay with her till this point - very proud :) ), then just after we parted company she galloped off home again.  Needless to say she is very sore behind with a massive haematoma over her stifle, which the vet drained today, knowing it would just refill.

I, on the other hand, spent all yesterday afternoon at A&E as, having landed on my shoulder when Hetty pressed the 'eject' button, my shoulder was very painful.  I have apparently ruptured my (big word alert!) acromio-clavicular joint capsule and torn the cartilage therein. OUCH! No riding for a good few weeks, which is ok because Hetty can't be ridden for a few weeks, dove-tailing nicely. Thanks Hetty!

No comments:

Post a Comment