Thursday 1 November 2012

Summer Sheet and Velcro

Having left Titch alone for a few days (apart from usual brush, pick out feet, electric toothbrush rub all over body, 'tie' him up, then lead him in or take him out to field), today seemed like a good time to pick it up again. I did the usual routine and then developed the tea towel and/or white plastic feed bag on the back to include having a folded up summer sheet on his back.  He had reverted a little to not remembering that it is all right to be touched anywhere on his body with anything, so I went back a step and just rubbed him all over with the summer sheet folded smaller and incrementally made it bigger and more flappy and made it move more expressively as it laid on his back.  

I am so pleased I didn't notice that he has a bit of white in his left eye when I bought him, else I might not have.  some people think it is connected with wicked horses, but now I see it just helps him express his feelings.  I normally start on his left side and the white in this eye makes it soooo expressive (for which I mean cute!).  I can tell immediately what he thinks of whatever I am touching his body with.  He has a kind of Princess Diana look to this eye when he looks shyly up through his eye lashes because he is a bit unsure. This informs me to go a bit more quietly or back a stage till he is happier.  Anyway, I took it gently and before long he was quite happy to plod around the stable after me with the summer sheet on.

I seized the moment and put on some old fetlock boots as they are small, but with the added extra of velcro.  I have had a horse that was scared of the sound of velcro, so therefore Titch will get to know it very well!

I can stand on a plastic bag - easy!

Yes, it is a bit more rustly when it moves, but I'm a big boy and I'm fine with it now.

And now I can wear a summer sheet - errr, but it's not summer anymore mum.

What are these things? Velcro, you say?  What's that then?
Unfortunately my camera phone is not as good as my SLR, but it is what I usually have to hand, so apologies for the poor quality and distortion that makes him look even more fugly than he really is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment